Sunday, December 2, 2012

Second Session. December 1, 2012

25 kids! Twenty five kids came out to the field in Inman Park for the second session rugby. That is a lot of kids and it was too much for me to handle on my own. Luckily for me, Jamie Allen and Tom's grandfather Terry, who played rugby in Australia, stepped up and helped out with the drills. Terry, especially, had a way with the boys, getting them to settle down and listen to what he had to say.
Terry shows the boys how a scrum works.
Terry shows the boys how a scrum works
With the boys split up, we showed the boys how to throw the ball, advancing to running and passing, then advancing to running and passing with a defender. Then scrimmages. Everyone was able to handle the ball and I think most everyone scored a try. By the end of it, they were calling offsides and forward passes on each other. Everyone was having fun and really starting to get a feel for the game. They did great. In two weeks, on December 15, we will do it again! I can't wait. If anyone wants to help coach, shoot me an email.
Next time, I am getting a group picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment